Fantasea Cruising Sydney is looking for an experienced and professional Marine Engine Driver Grade 1
About the role:
We currently have an opening for:
- Casual/ Relief Marine Engine Driver Grade 1 (MED I) - to act as the engineer on our flagship vessel Fantasea Catalina.
What we're looking for:
Competent marine engineers who can work well with other people in all environments.
Key application criteria includes:
- Current MED I (minimum)
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Experience operating machinery on vessels with engines greater than 500kW
- High level of seamanship and vessel maintenance
- Experience with electronic planned maintenance systems is advantageous
- High level of self-motivation and organisational skills
- High level of fault finding and problem solving
- High level of personal presentation and leadership
- Proven interpersonal skills and a strong ability to communicate at all levels
- Energetic and positive
- Available to work weekends and public holidays
- Australian citizen, resident or permanent working visa
- Good deck skills
- Demonstrated ability in the use of computers
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel and Word
Please address the above criteria in a cover letter along with your C.V.
You will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and on job training and opportunities will be offered to the right candidate.
Fantasea has a zero tolerance for drugs and alcohol use.